Friday 20 March 2009

Mitt Romney on Obama: 'King' of the Obvious

Well, leave it to Mr Romney to state the proverbial as if it were not so to everyone else.  On 'Larry King Live' last night, our man Mitt informed the world that President Obama - you know, tall, skinny, 'distinctive' ears, took office like 50 days or so ago? Yeah, him - is 'learning on the fly' in his current job.  Well, I'm glad he cleared that up: I was so pissed off when I didn't make into the University for Fledgling Presidents, or UFP. Not that I'd have the credentials, mind, but one could dream... NB For the Star Trekkers amongst you, UFP does not, repeat, does not stand for "United Federation of Planets", got it??


Not that I'm a Dem or anything, but hearing Romney speak so condescendingly about Obama's time management: "...he should be focusing on the economy and not doing magazine covers" - well, I wonder what he thought of former President Bush and key members of his Cabinet doing a spread for Vanity Fair's Annie Leibovitz 4 months after 9/11:

NB They did scrub up well back then, didn't they? And Big Kahuna Shout to VP Cheney for making the POTUS give up his Big Chair so that he could - hey, wait a minute, is this the moment when...when... Oh Graydon Carter?... Actually that's a WHOLE other blog o' hot mess...

Anyhoo, I can't help but wonder if Romney gave similar advice to Bush wrt the whole let's-find-Osama-and-punish-him palaver, or Hurricane Katrina, or the Lehman's debacle... well, I could continue but it's a blog, not a thesis...

No comments:

Post a Comment